Thursday, March 4, 2010

New adventure

Hello again :)

I thougth I would let everyone know that my new adventure starts tomorrow!  Richard just got back from the home office in Gainesville, GA, so tomorrow is when I'll start doing some more work.  I don't have a set schedule at this point, but Richard told me to come see him tomorrow to find out if there's anything he has for me.  He said when there aren't projects and we aren't getting ready for one, he's fine with me doing whatever, if I want to go to the orphanage near Juan and Veronica, or help at their church, or just spend time reading the bible, etc, to just let him know.  Next week we'll be getting ready for a group coming on the 14th (about 100 people or so).  Then there's Johnson Ferry the first week of April (300+ on that one!)  His daughter, Stacy, she's 26, was here with a few people she goes to Africa, Brazil, etc. with (they go all over, they just got back from Africa), and they're actually going to be here doing some ministry in the city the week we'll be here in June.  So today I hung out with Richard, Gail, and all of them, and then went to dinner with them.  They're super great people, and guess what???  Don, one of the people who travels to Africa, is the one who spoke two years ago at the MTI when I met Eleazar.  I thought he looked familiar, and the more I spent time with him today, I started to recognize his voice a little, so finally I just asked.  He didn't remember, but Z said he does.  How cool???  I thought that was a cool non-coincidence ;)  Which is actually the only thing I really remember him saying two years ago.  After he got done talking, he came back to talk to Kasi and I, and he said he knew it wasn't a coincidence we were there, so he prayed for us.  It may not have done anything for Kasi (as far as I know), but I sure as heck don't think it was random ;)  God is so awesome!

I haven't been doing a ton of stuff yet, because Richard was gone, but I did go to Texas twice with Erin!  She had to run some errands and invited me to join her considering I had nothing else to do, haha.  I went with Juan and Veronica to the hospital on Tuesday night.  They have a ministry every week or every other week on Tuesdays.  They bring coffee and sandwiches to hand out to the people waiting outside either for families, or to get in themselves.  There is one man who Veronica said has been waiting around for FOUR MONTHS.  Wow...  That's a long time to be waiting!  Especially considering how cold it's been at night!  Juan had 3 sleeping bags given to him from a friend of Richard's, so he gave one or two to this man.  He gave another one to a man from Jamaica!  So he spoke some English, and I guess Veronica said she thinks he was looking for work (no offense, but who in their right mind would come to Mexico looking for work??)  He was just wearing sandals, with no socks....  Veronica's daughter, Priscilla, said she wants to buy him socks and bring them next week if he's still there.  After talking to Veronica for a while, I found out she and Juan pay for EVERYTHING.  That is why the are only able to do it every other week now...  It costs about $40 each week, which is quite a bit for around here.  They're lucky enough to have jobs, but that doesn't mean they're well off...  She said she wishes they could continue it every week, but sometimes they just can't.  Please don't take this as me asking for money, however I just wanted to share this with you.  The ministry they have is so wonderful at the hospital!  Many people say they wait all week for them to come.  When the food and coffee is gone, they then ask people why they're there, etc, and often pray for them and their family members who are sick/injured.  If anyone feels they are led to help out with this ministry at all, PLEASE contact me.  I am not asking for anything other than for you to consult the Lord and ask Him to show you if this is something He wants your help with.  Again, this has nothing to do with me or my trip, I have just witnessed this great ministry, plan to go with every week if I can, and would really just love to help them out as much as I possibly can.  If prayer is all you would like to contribute, GREAT!  Prayer is the most important thing!  Don't feel like you have to tell me that either, I will not expect anything from anyone, I just ask that you think about it, and at least pray for these people and this ministry.  Thank you so much!  Dios les bendiga! (God Bless You!)

Hasta la proxima!



**I forgot to mention!  This trip is going to be a big faith-builder for me...  Between the scorpion our first night, the rat almost as big as a squirrel that keeps coming into the "cold room" apparently, the almost 2-in long cockroaches, and spiders....boy this is a big deal for me!!  Haha, thought y'all would get a kick out of that ;)  Haha, just spent all day with a bunch of Texans--they rub off on you! :)  Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see that you are keeping busy! I'm glad I got to talk to you on Skype today about all of your adventures! Isn't technology great!? :D I'm sorry about all the bugs and stuff! I will be there in June to help you with those, but right now you need to do it so I believe in you! You can do it! Ha ha! Your amazing babe! I love you!

    ReplyDelete